Polly Steele's "FOUR LETTERS OF LOVE" and the Danny Strong, IFC Production, quasi-biopic, " REBEL IN THE RYE "......were short-lived in American Movie Houses.......I watched both Films, as a double-feature, recently......their romantically intellectual content, certainly, displaced some intracranial detritus left by the oily rags of routine film residue that was shunting my choreographically interpolated interstitiality with the hammering of Marvel Comics Mentalities.. double-billing with Killers of the Cosmos..... Max Bierbaum suggested, in a rather long cinematic dream, that I consult with Zuleika Dobson, prestidigitator to the Sensitive Neurotics of evanescent Art World Confidentiality.. ...Don't slip on the ocean-sprayed cliff, Rochester....it's a hard tumble, even into water, from this height......Why is Bertha Mason laughing, even with molten beeswax running down her palms? Sometimes, this is the 'soft light that breaks from yon window...
THIS AFTERNOON, THREE YEARS AGO, I SPENT ABOUT A HALF HOUR DISINFECTING, THEN CLEANING "IT" OF BLACK MOLD, VARIOUS FUNGI AND MILDEW.....AND DRYING THE WARPED LINEN CANVAS WITH A HAIR DRYER....JUST TO SEE WHAT THE HELL "IT" WAS 'ALL ABOUT'......THEN, SUDDENLY, '"IT" ALL CAME BACK': "WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT'......FEELING A BIT OF NOSTALGIA, I PHOTOGRAPHED "IT", SURROUNDED IT WITH A VIRTUAL FRAMING JOB....AND....HERE...IT "IS", UNBUCKLED AND 'RESTORED...DIGITALLY'.....AT THE TIME OF ITS CREATION.....1966, WHILE I WAS IN ONE OF PURYEAR MIMS' ART CLASSES AT VANDERBILT.....I WAS THINKING: "SOON, I WILL BE A GREAT ARTIST or WRITER or PSYCHIATRIST, or FASHIONISTA.......AND MY WORKS WILL HANG IN GALLERIES, ALL OVER THE WORLD!"..... WELL.......THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, DID IT? I GAVE UP "PAINTING" SHORTLY THEREAFTER......CRESTFALLEN, THAT I WAS NOT 'THE NEXT BIG DEAL' AND ...
After turning her house into a 'recording studio' with black light posters of Jimi Hendrix, and stacking all that sheet music for 'flute and orchestra' into a basement closet, still full of Cricket Shop Apparel.......'Eddie' was ' off ' ...make that ' on' . ....to meet Jean-Luc Ponty and collaborate with the Stinkfoot Orchestra....... tossing the 'written notes' of others and playing from her own Heart......driving 'away' from Buckhead with the sounds of the GTOs blasting from her car's open windows, whooshing around her erect , nail-extended,, purple-painted middle finger, saying 'Bye Bye Bye' to her 'Past Life'.. ...."Reincarnate here...and now.....there's no other place and time to do it....and Time's a wasting....." There's some ' Permanent Damage' going on here, Miss Mercy .... Let's make some casts and sculpt some protuberant memories of what the crowds really wa...
Comments
Post a Comment